Monday, June 3, 2013

Fall Phipps Farm trip!

October 12-13, 2012

We took a trip down to the farm to help with harvest.  Daddy drove the big trucks around while we got to have fun with Grandma!  Elsie and Leah got to ride together with Uncle Aaron in the combine for a while!  I am guessing it was probably pretty loud and squealy up in that cab!

Grandma and Elsie cut down a corn stalk for Elsie to bring to school for show and tell.

Elsie learned all about the different parts of the corn.

I don;t remember Grandma saying anything about using the stalk as a sword though!

Nice pets for Maizey

Oh Maizey dog!

Grandma took Elsie, Duncan, and me over to a fantastic corn maze and Fall playland, complete with giant slides, tunnels, yummy candy apples, and more!  The kids had a blast!  Although I forgot to take any pictures of the day, I captured the aftermath.  The perfect pumpkins we brought home with us provided those nasty squirrels with a nice meal.  They also managed to eat all of the corn off of the corn stalk we brought home for us for show and tell!  I guess we'll have to try again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment