Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Another beautiful weekend

We have had so many beautiful weekends in April and now May! This one was especially nice, since I was unemployed! My last day at Barry Callebaut was on Friday, and after taking this week off, I will be starting my new job at Sara Lee on Monday.
We continue to work on our yard. This past weekend we trimmed trees and ripped out some dying / dead ones. Elsie was a huge help, carrying weeds to the paper bag, sweeping the driveway, picking up sticks, etc. (Yes, I breathed a huge sigh of relief this week when neither of us showed signs of poison ivy.)

Elsie loves the camera! She has also recently learned that there is a picture on the back of the camera. So, as soon as she sees me take a picture, she runs right to me to see how it turned out. We get a lot of pictures like this now - Elsie running straight towards the camera:

Or like this one. Elsie really likes playing with balls, especially playing basketball with dad. She picks up the ball, throws it, and "dribbles" (swats at it the same way she swats at the cats). She holds it up towards the basket when she is ready to have someone help her shoot.

If I shake hard enough, with the birdhouse come down?

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, she just keeps getting cuter. Thanks for posting the pictures every week. I loved Elsie's Cubs outfit last week.
    Grandma Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. The basketball looks like it weighs more than she does!

    ReplyDelete